MEXICAN SKILLET NACHOS
2 tbsp. Taco seasoning
3 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups fresh or frozen corn (thawed)
1 lb. lean ground turkey
12 oz. yellow corn tortilla chips
4 cups Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
1 cup minced red onion
3 roma tomatoes (seeded & finely diced)
1 large jalepeño (seeded & finely chopped)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup sour cream
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the corn, tossing occasionally until crisp and tender, about 2 minutes. Scrape corn into a bowl and let cool slightly.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the ground turkey. Season the ground turkey with the taco seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon and stir occasionally, until browned (about 6 minutes). Scrape the cooked turkey onto a plate.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat. Arrange half of the chips in the bottom of the skillet. Top with half of the cooked ground turkey and half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining chips, cooked ground turkey, and cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and golden (about 15 minutes).
5. Meanwhile, combine the corn with the onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove skillet from over and top hot nachos with corn, pico de Gallo, and sour cream. Serve warm with a glass of our Campo Viejo Red Blend.